Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A new look

I finally followed the advice of my sister and bought some real workout clothes. They are surprisingly comfortable and FIT! But I do have one problem; I can't find a company that makes a GOOD running bra for a busty gal like me. The bras I see are mostly thin--almost tank-top like, tiny and meant for the spritely runners with ittie bitties. I guess if more big girls buckled down and ran there would actually be a market for big-girl bras. So every day I double or triple up. No one wants to see a chunkie's upper half doing jumping jacks at 6 in the morning-yeesh. (Nice image, you're welcome) So if anyone knows of a solid bra for biggie, let me know. I have pictures of the pants and top I picked out posted below, I wear a black hoodie on top--not quite Marathon Barbie, but not Homeless Harriet either, progress. I bought two pairs of bottoms, one pant length and the other Capri for when things warm up. I am not ready for the wispy track shorts, again out of courtesy for the neighbors. The pink top has a tiny pocket for my shuffle, very convenient, and the bottoms are a silky, lycra-spandexish feel and I don't get chaffing on my thighs, yay! The only problem with the outfit is that my bowling ball hips can’t keep the shirt down, I am constantly grabbing the bottom hem and FORCING them over the bulges, up and down, up and down, all the way home. It works kind of like a spring, when you stretch it farther than it should go, over my hips; it only has one option, BOIIINNG, up it goes. The best thing about the new look I think is psychological, it makes me think "Skinny person just going for the usual jog" instead of "Fat lady dyeing in her pajamas." Today I actually ran for an hour, so maybe this new look is tricking my mind into working a little bit harder.


7 comments:

  1. "Homeless Harriet".......HA!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look like cute running clothes... I don't know about where to get good jogbras...most of mine are really old so I am in the market, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the clothes! I think that how you feel has a lot to do with how much you want to do. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute clothes Bina! I can't believe you ran for an hour! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have found some good running bras for busty women like us at non other than Target. They look more like a normal bra than a sport bra and have a place for each of the ladies to go. Check em out.

    You have inspired me to go out and get some new running clothes. I am sure Geoff is sick of me wearing his basketball shorts to work out in and honestly, they make me look like a man cause they are way too big. Keep it up Bina!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bina - try a department store. A running bra is a big investment, be will to pay up to $30 for a good Nike one. I always wear too - a thinner one on the bottom for comfort and then the super supportive one on top of that. The supportive ones tend to be so itchy and uncomfortable that it helps to have another one under it.
    I have a similar outfit and when i first start to run it is so pooh bear and it rolls up, but when i get in better shape it stays. You can DO IT BINA - I KNOW YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEANS!! I layer my bras, too. When I was reading this, I couldn't help but envision the "old lady jump roping" animated clipart that we used to used to play with in 7th grade. What was that "paint" program called? It rocked!

    ReplyDelete