Friday, February 5, 2010

Dangerous Streets

I have been very safe running my 5Ks and even walking throughout my town; until now. There are dealers on every corner, and they could thwart my entire plan to be healthy. I am not fooled by their cutsie green outfits and sometimes braided hair; they use their smiles to lure me in, until I am hooked and my bank account is empty. I'm talking about the most sinister gangsters: Girl Scouts of America. The boxes they present outside grocery stores, and even at my favorite orange stand look harmless, even delightful. But when they are opened, my soul is lost to caramel, coconut flakes, chocolate, mint, peanut butter, short bread--the works. I can handle my fresh-baked chocolate chunks any day, but Girl Scout cookie season, the agony! I bought two boxes, "I'll just eat one, it will be my treat." Didn't happen. I tried to "Just say no" time and time again, but they kept beckoning me, and I fell into the snare. So I guess I am kicked out of sugar-rehab until those boxes are in the trash. I have no control over those over-priced delectables, they control me! So, I decided I cannot buy any more. But the little green devils will still be there, watching and waiting...

6 comments:

  1. you are HILARIOUS! and she kind of looks like she has a mustache which makes it even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I saw the title of your blog and the picture and I was going to tell you to BE CAREFUL out there! Then I realized it was a GIRL SCOUT! ha! Yeah, those thin mints are really bad. Too bad the Keebler Grasshoper cookie has a pretty close match and you can buy that at the store any time and on sale. Ga'ak!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice artwork (I'm assuming you did it).
    Yes, they are good. to make you feel better I ate 6 of the chocolate mint cookies today. I would never buy them (I'm too cheap) but we had 2 boxes given to us.
    ps-- my blog is STILL www.Stevecambrieandkiera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you want, we could start our own gang to keep them off our turf. One of those little ladies blasted me with some somoas (or whatever they are called now) and I didn't have a prayer (meaning they were gone in two days all thanks to me). Dangerous streets indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. where do i get some??? i think our stores must kick those little devils out. i should sign juju up quick.
    well, don't feel bad bina. as i type, i have 3 twizzlers on my lap and a handful of hot tamales. i can't stop eating all this american food. how can one NOT be fat in the US??? there are so many unhealthy choices, 10lb bags of m&ms - don't get me started. and then i go from sweet to salty. my salty fix today are those awesome salt and pepper pistachios. yum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Girl scout cookies are sooooo good! I guess luckily, I haven't seen them anywhere lately. I don't think girl scouts is very popular in Utah.

    ReplyDelete